Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D magnetic field streamline plot from cut plane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a question on the streamline plot.
I have build the 3D emf model on 6 parallel bar with the same current density. bar cross section was in YZ plane
The 3D streamline could be clearly seen. we could see the yz streamline in the 3D streamline plot.
But when I add a 3D cut plane in the data set. the 3D cut plane correponds to the YZ plane.
Then we plot the 2D streamline plot. The plot is totally different from the yz 3D streamline plot.
So could everyone pls tell me the reason?

3 Replies Last Post Mar 19, 2013, 2:49 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2013, 8:17 a.m. EDT

If you want to compare stream line plots from different models you mast make sure to specify the same start points in each model.

Cheers
Edgar
If you want to compare stream line plots from different models you mast make sure to specify the same start points in each model. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2013, 8:05 p.m. EDT
could you pls tell me how to set the start point?
could you pls tell me how to set the start point?

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 19, 2013, 2:49 a.m. EDT
There are different options. It is quite well explained in the documentation. I mostly use explicitely defined points.

Cheers
Edgar
There are different options. It is quite well explained in the documentation. I mostly use explicitely defined points. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.