Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Displacement of device over time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have modeled a mass spring structure using solid mechanics and a time dependent study. I have applied a body load using 0.1*g_const*solid.rho. When I plot the results of displacement field, it appears that at time = 0, the mass is already at the largest displacement and subsequent times don't show much motion. But when I export the results as an animation I can clearly see the mass oscillating starting from its original orientation. Why do the plots in COMSOL and the exported animation file not look the same?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Mar 23, 2013, 12:48 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 23, 2013, 12:48 a.m. EDT
Okay, so I tried with different loading forces by changing the acceleration and realized the maximum position of the mass never changes; only the range of the colour legend changes. Can I assume that the values from the legend are correct?
And then for the animation, I guess the position isn't accurate either. Is there anyway to export a gif file that actually shows the correct location of the mass at each time interval?
Okay, so I tried with different loading forces by changing the acceleration and realized the maximum position of the mass never changes; only the range of the colour legend changes. Can I assume that the values from the legend are correct? And then for the animation, I guess the position isn't accurate either. Is there anyway to export a gif file that actually shows the correct location of the mass at each time interval?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.