Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solidworks model meshing issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I created geometry of a saddle coil pair in Solidworks and then I imported it to COMSOL using the geometry import option. When I build meshes, it gives error of meshing around edges and corners.

COMSOL imports edges and surfaces. How can I import the part as a solid geometry?

I used livelink for solidworks too and got the same error.

2 Replies Last Post May 8, 2013, 1:59 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2013, 4:14 p.m. EDT
Hi

strange, as normally SolidWorks imports 3D bodies as 3D bodies and not surfaces and lines only, have you checked the options for import, and could it be that you need a higher resolution as you might have some "small" or thin features?

And what about versions ? check compatibility !

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi strange, as normally SolidWorks imports 3D bodies as 3D bodies and not surfaces and lines only, have you checked the options for import, and could it be that you need a higher resolution as you might have some "small" or thin features? And what about versions ? check compatibility ! -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2013, 1:59 p.m. EDT
Comsol imports 3D objects. If you are interested, you can check for the surfaces and edges as well!

Check the import option; you will be able to resolve the issue!
Comsol imports 3D objects. If you are interested, you can check for the surfaces and edges as well! Check the import option; you will be able to resolve the issue!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.