Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Radial diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI,

I am trying to build a 1D model which is a line, but I want the diffusion to be radial instead of linear, I know that the equation is : dC/dt = D[ d2C/dr2 + (2/r) * (dC/dr )], but I do not know how to implement this in the model to get spherical diffusion.

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Rehab

1 Reply Last Post Mar 28, 2013, 9:06 a.m. EDT
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2013, 9:06 a.m. EDT
Check this out:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/8481/

Niklas

HI,

I am trying to build a 1D model which is a line, but I want the diffusion to be radial instead of linear, I know that the equation is : dC/dt = D[ d2C/dr2 + (2/r) * (dC/dr )], but I do not know how to implement this in the model to get spherical diffusion.

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Rehab

Check this out: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/8481/ Niklas [QUOTE] HI, I am trying to build a 1D model which is a line, but I want the diffusion to be radial instead of linear, I know that the equation is : dC/dt = D[ d2C/dr2 + (2/r) * (dC/dr )], but I do not know how to implement this in the model to get spherical diffusion. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks Rehab [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.