Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling a light source in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
Very beginner in Comsol. I would like to model an LED light source in Comsol. I understand I can safely model it as an isotropic light source. I was just wondering if Comsol has any built in point light source I could use.

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Jun 29, 2016, 7:23 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 11, 2013, 1:30 a.m. EDT
Hi

I believe not as an electromagnetic RF light beam, but if you consider "illumination" as incoherent sources and fluxes with straight propagation you could do something but you must write your own equations I believe. Or perhaps by similarity with some other physics

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe not as an electromagnetic RF light beam, but if you consider "illumination" as incoherent sources and fluxes with straight propagation you could do something but you must write your own equations I believe. Or perhaps by similarity with some other physics -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 29, 2016, 7:23 a.m. EDT
I think it is possible with Helmholtz equation.
I think it is possible with Helmholtz equation.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.