Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Induced charge on a surface by a charged object at different relative positions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new in COMSOL and I was wondering if anyone could five me any idea. I want to simulate the evolution of the induced charge on a surface as the relative position to a charged object varies, this variation must be parametrized by the user and not due to the electrostatic effects. My first idea was to parametrize the position of one object as a function of time but i couldn't. Is possible to do it in any other way? Thank you very much in advance!

Gerard

3 Replies Last Post Apr 15, 2013, 10:15 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2013, 7:18 a.m. EDT
Gerard,

you can parameterize the position of an object in a stationary study. You have to add a parametric sweep to the study and choose a range for the position parameter. This will generate the geometry and the mesh in each parameter loop.

Cheers
Edgar
--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Gerard, you can parameterize the position of an object in a stationary study. You have to add a parametric sweep to the study and choose a range for the position parameter. This will generate the geometry and the mesh in each parameter loop. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2013, 8:52 a.m. EDT
Hi

you can parametrise with a "global Parameter" that changes the geometry position and do a stationary analysis to see the charge distribution in ES, or you charge your system, and in EC with conduction you do a transient analysis to see how things decay by condition.

Else in steady state sinus excitation you have the frequency response versus given positions, ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can parametrise with a "global Parameter" that changes the geometry position and do a stationary analysis to see the charge distribution in ES, or you charge your system, and in EC with conduction you do a transient analysis to see how things decay by condition. Else in steady state sinus excitation you have the frequency response versus given positions, ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 15, 2013, 10:15 a.m. EDT
Hi Edgar and Ivar,

It works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Best Regards
Gerard
Hi Edgar and Ivar, It works perfectly. Thank you so much! Best Regards Gerard

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.