Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set the remanent flux density in a simple magnetic force calculation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI everyone,
I'm a starter using the comsol 4.2a. And I would like to simulate the magnet force on an iron bar from a permanent magnet. The model is built and it works, but the simulation result own a great bias compared with the reasonable region.
The problem is the "Remanent flux density" setting of the permanent magnet. e.g its performance (Br) is 1.25 T from the datasheet. This number should be filled in which axis ? I tried to fill it in axis y, and the Br is { 0,1.2,0}. The picture attached show that the flux density direction is right, however, in the middle of magnet, the flux density is only around 0.1T (dark blue). This is not the parameters i want.
Would anyone like to show me how to setting this to fit the Br data with the data sheet?

0 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2013, 6:05 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tianyi Jiang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.