Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve a ODE or PDE equation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi~
I try to use COMSOL to solve the mathematical problem.
I have a PDE equation in attachment.
How could I use COMSOL to solve it?
Thank you~

2 Replies Last Post Apr 21, 2013, 7:59 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2013, 7:25 a.m. EDT
Hi,
1) Creat a new model: Space Dimension 2D, Add Physics-->Mathematics-->Classical PDEs-->Laplace Equiation, Stationary
2)If i understud correctly build a rectangle of Heigth=1 and With=Pi
3)Go to Laplace Equation on the Model Builder, rigth mouse button and creat 2 Dirichlet Boundary Conditions,
4)In the first one select the three boudaries with u=zero
5)In the second one select the lower boundary of the rectangle (the one where the dirichlet condition is non zero) and change the value of the r (for default is set to zero) to 4*cos(6*x/1[m])+ cos(7*x/1[m])

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards
Hi, 1) Creat a new model: Space Dimension 2D, Add Physics-->Mathematics-->Classical PDEs-->Laplace Equiation, Stationary 2)If i understud correctly build a rectangle of Heigth=1 and With=Pi 3)Go to Laplace Equation on the Model Builder, rigth mouse button and creat 2 Dirichlet Boundary Conditions, 4)In the first one select the three boudaries with u=zero 5)In the second one select the lower boundary of the rectangle (the one where the dirichlet condition is non zero) and change the value of the r (for default is set to zero) to 4*cos(6*x/1[m])+ cos(7*x/1[m]) Please let me know if this helps you. Regards

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 21, 2013, 7:59 p.m. EDT
Thanks to Agus~
I upload my file in attachment,.
But how can I verify the result correct with the mathematical answer?
The mathematical answer is also in attachment.
Thank you for help.
Thanks to Agus~ I upload my file in attachment,. But how can I verify the result correct with the mathematical answer? The mathematical answer is also in attachment. Thank you for help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.