Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Continuous Casting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am modelling the continuous casting of Aluminium (Al12Si alloy to be precise). I have adopted the geometry of the continuous casting model from model library. Though the library already has an extensive model, I want to approach it in a different way.

Their model is based on non-isothermal flow whereas I want to use Heat transfer in fluids and have accordingly used parameters. The aim of the simulation is to show the most likely solidification behavior of the alloy post the casting process.

I would be glad if I got some guidelines to go about building my model further like making changes in the study section, in the boundary equations and in the mesh sequence in order to show the liquid to solid phase transition as well as depict the eutectic point clearly in the model.

0 Replies Last Post May 8, 2013, 6:30 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mridusmita Sarma

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.