Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI of Synthetic Jet Actuator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Experts,

I am working on simulation of synthetic jet actuator and i am coupling the FSI and Piezoelectric devices physics. i am trying to model case study from one of the paper that was presented in comsol conference 2010 in order to develop my confidence with Comsol because i am new comsol user here is its link

www.comsol.com/papers/9465/

the boundary conditions are 2D Axisymmetric and applied voltage is 100 and also i have a reasonable deflection of diaphragm like 80 microns but the exit velocity is too low the order of 10^-20 etc, i think that their is coupling problem between Piezoelectric and FSI. Please tell me that do i mention some coupling command between these two physics
and also in my case flow is not lamina but in FSI when you want give boundary conditions it show laminar and solid mechanics please tell me this fsi will work for turbulent flow or i have to couple turbulent flow also.

i have attached geometry and some result i need your help

Guys looking for your kind and prompt replies.

Best Regards

Muhammad Ikhlaq

2 Replies Last Post Aug 21, 2014, 6:31 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muhammad Ikhlaq

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 28, 2014, 1:47 p.m. EDT
Hi,
I am too working on the similar case. Could you share your file so that I can look at it ?
Hi, I am too working on the similar case. Could you share your file so that I can look at it ?

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 21, 2014, 6:31 a.m. EDT
dear sanjay sorry for late reply please can you sent me email on my email address so that we can discuss in detail

muhammad.ikhlaq@ozu.edu.tr

Best regards
dear sanjay sorry for late reply please can you sent me email on my email address so that we can discuss in detail muhammad.ikhlaq@ozu.edu.tr Best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.