Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in the demo model ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There is a demo example "Thermoelectric_leg.mph" available in the Multiphysics installation and it locates
in directory c:\program files\COMSOL\COMSOL43b\demo\builder\thermoelectric_leg.mph". It uses model
ThermoelectricEffect.mphphb in the same directory. Opening the model results the following error message:

"No dependent variable can be found for identifier "temperature"
-Feature:Domain Feature 2 (ThermoelectricModel)

Obviously a small error in the model, but how it can be corrected ?

3 Replies Last Post Nov 26, 2013, 5:38 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 4, 2013, 3:39 a.m. EDT
Hi Mika,

Please apply the COMSOL 4.3b update 1 if you have not already done so:
www.comsol.eu/support/updates/comsol43bp1/

Alternatively, in the Physics Builder Manager, first remove and then re-add the ThermoelectricEffect.mphphb file to Archive Browswer>Development Files.

Regards,
Anders
Hi Mika, Please apply the COMSOL 4.3b update 1 if you have not already done so: http://www.comsol.eu/support/updates/comsol43bp1/ Alternatively, in the Physics Builder Manager, first remove and then re-add the ThermoelectricEffect.mphphb file to Archive Browswer>Development Files. Regards, Anders

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 8, 2013, 3:43 p.m. EDT
Hi Anders,

thank you for the answer. It solved the problem.

best regards,

Mika
Hi Anders, thank you for the answer. It solved the problem. best regards, Mika

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 26, 2013, 5:38 p.m. EST
great, I would have wasted a lot of time if I didn't read this first.
thanks a lot.
great, I would have wasted a lot of time if I didn't read this first. thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.