Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Voltage sweep; plot IV curve for current through wire

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I have just started using COMSOL and am trying to make a specific model but running into trouble. The first part of the model is as follows:

- Model a wire of specific material and sweep applied voltage from -1 to 1 V
- Produce a current-voltage plot and obtain the intrinsic resistance of the wire

Starting tentatively with the "Resistance in a Wire" model available in the gallery, I am using the AC/DC Module with Electric Current for this model. This is where I am already running into trouble, I am trying to use the Continuation option in Study1 to sweep the voltage but am getting an error. I feel like the error may stem from my Parameter Definition, which is
Name: Volt Sweep
Expression: 0[V]
Value = 0 V

Is there something obvious that I am missing? Thank you very much, any help is very appreciated!

0 Replies Last Post Jun 28, 2013, 12:58 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello inlatitude

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.