Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can cut line result be used in simulation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently using comsol to simulate a concentration lets name it C on a 2D symmetry rectangle. at one point I need to take a boundary value of C, I am wondering if there is anyway I can take the boundary value without using the boundary probe? Also is there anyway in Comsol that I can take a cut line and use the information for the same simulation?
Just like the cut line commend in the result, but I want to use it during the simulation, is it doable?

1 Reply Last Post Aug 25, 2013, 10:40 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 25, 2013, 10:40 p.m. EDT
please help!!!!
Comsol got to have a command like if I want to take the value for C when z=10, lets say something like C[10].

My model is involve a species with convection in certain regoin, and the convection suddenly stopped at some point, and from that point on it would be evenly distributed. I want to know the concentration at the interface to find out the concentration in the evenly distributed region.
Can anyone help my to find a way to get the interface information out during the simulation?
please help!!!! Comsol got to have a command like if I want to take the value for C when z=10, lets say something like C[10]. My model is involve a species with convection in certain regoin, and the convection suddenly stopped at some point, and from that point on it would be evenly distributed. I want to know the concentration at the interface to find out the concentration in the evenly distributed region. Can anyone help my to find a way to get the interface information out during the simulation?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.