Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ports and Floquet Boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to build a 2D model showing total internal reflection, but am building it piece by piece to ensure the physics works. So far, I cannot get the ports and boundary conditions working for even a square area with excitation port on bottom, exit port on top, and Floquet boundary conditions on the sides. Air is the only material so far.

There's something very small and quick that's off about what I have--my emw.Ex and emw.Ey look great--plane waves propagating in the correct direction and everything, but emw.normE looks awful. Another oddity is that my Ex and Ey are incorrect for 45 degree incidence, but 20 and 60 look fine.

Given that Ex and Ey generally look good, I'm assuming it's got to be a relative phase thing (or my model is correct and I'm too dumb to realize it). When I plot sqrt(Ex^2+Ey^2) I get something that looks correct. When I plot sqrt(Ex*conj(Ex)+Ey*conj(Ey)) I get the same thing as norm.E of course, which looks incorrect. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Daniel

0 Replies Last Post Sep 18, 2013, 3:27 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Wintz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.