Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem meshing thin material (RF MEMS SWITCH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm having a problem with inverted mesh while using free tetrahedral-extremely fine. This error occur when the thickness is 0.4um. But if I change the thickness to 1um it runs finely. I try to do mapped but it doesn't work. Here the picture of my structure. Please advise...

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2013, 4:40 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2013, 4:40 a.m. EDT

Hello,

I'm having a problem with inverted mesh while using free tetrahedral-extremely fine. This error occur when the thickness is 0.4um. But if I change the thickness to 1um it runs finely. I try to do mapped but it doesn't work. Here the picture of my structure. Please advise...

Have you tried swept mesh?

Lasse
[QUOTE] Hello, I'm having a problem with inverted mesh while using free tetrahedral-extremely fine. This error occur when the thickness is 0.4um. But if I change the thickness to 1um it runs finely. I try to do mapped but it doesn't work. Here the picture of my structure. Please advise... [/QUOTE] Have you tried swept mesh? Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.