Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

stationary and Frequency Domain Modal Analysi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
Sorry for disturbing you.
I really need some help on the regarding topic.
I'm doing an analysis on a comb drive accelerometer.
I use Solid mechanic study and add force -a*solid.rho at x axis of the body load. I attached the pic (noacc) of the result as well
i choose this study to see how much stress can the device received. But from the pic you can see the spring is becoming really twisted and i'm not sure is it supposed to be that way.

next to find capacitance i choose electrostatic and i manage to get it.
all this study is made using Stationary.

but is the stationary study only made in static mode? or is it still consider the device to be moving?
i already stated acceleration, a in parameter.

Now, i wanted to check its modal analysis.
when i choose this study, it automatically gives eigenfrequency and frequancy domain steps.
From here where can i get the resonant freq?
i could not get the any result for the frequency domain when i tried to get displacement vs freq result. see simresult picture. i thought the curve should be like in pic freqresult
i don't know if i set it wrong somewhere.

please help

0 Replies Last Post Nov 1, 2013, 12:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nisa K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.