Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

4.4 Feedback

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings,

We've updated to 4.4 last week, and my experience is negative.
The first thing is the interface, simply horrible, even windows 8 has a better interface.
Second is selecting domains or boundries is now an extremely annoying matter, the default hover and click is very annoying and it took me a while to figure out how to change it.

Makes me wish that I could just revert to 4.3b.

What a weird product development choices.
I am very disappointed.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 8, 2016, 1:20 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 9, 2013, 10:51 a.m. EST
Hi,

If you do not like it, you can easily switch off the new functionality.

1. In Preferences-> Graphics Windows Selection, set 'Select by' to 'Left-Right click' and you are back to the old behavior with double mouse clicks for selection. Reverting to the old selection mechanism will also switch off the possibility to scroll through hidden objects using the mouse wheel that was introduced in version 4.4.

2. Right-Click on the ribbon and Select 'Minimize the Ribbon'. Now you are back to 4.3b behavior.

Regards,
Henrik

Hi, If you do not like it, you can easily switch off the new functionality. 1. In Preferences-> Graphics Windows Selection, set 'Select by' to 'Left-Right click' and you are back to the old behavior with double mouse clicks for selection. Reverting to the old selection mechanism will also switch off the possibility to scroll through hidden objects using the mouse wheel that was introduced in version 4.4. 2. Right-Click on the ribbon and Select 'Minimize the Ribbon'. Now you are back to 4.3b behavior. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 8, 2016, 1:20 a.m. EST
Please tell me how to modify the mouse controls!
Please tell me how to modify the mouse controls!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.