Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mathematical Particle Tracing_Weird results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there!

I am posting this thread because I am trying to simulate the deflection of a non magnetic particle in ferrofluids, under the influence of magnetic field. I have simulated the magnetic field through the mfnc module and I am now trying to simulate the deflection through the Mathematical Particle Tracing.
I have implemented the forces and their expressions and I am now computing the solution.
First of all, it takes a huge amount of time, sorry for that. Then, my deflection is completely weird, going one way and the other. I have checked again and again the forces' expressions, and can't find any mistake. It also says that it can't evaluate the expression when I try doing the graph of the position of the particle through the microchannel. Maybe it is in the use of the module itself.
I would be really grateful if you could try and help me.

I am joining the file.

Cheers

Antoine

1 Reply Last Post Jan 5, 2014, 8:24 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 5, 2014, 8:24 p.m. EST
Anyone could help me out?

Cheers and happy new year!
Anyone could help me out? Cheers and happy new year!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.