Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

pseudo 1D lithium cell model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm a student self-learning Comsol for my project and I'm trying to model a 1d lithium cell using the general form PDE as an exercise.

1D lithium cell modeling as mainly 2 part : transport of lithium across the cell there is then insertion inside the active material and we have to model transport inside the particle. Separately the model for each part is pretty simple, but I have difficulty combining the 2 parts together.

I already have geometry 1 as the length of the electrode as a simple interval line. So at every point in the electrode there is insertion of lithium inside a particle with varying flux depending on the position in the electrode. Once inside the particle it's a simple diffusion model with the source as the flux determined in the electrode.

I have successfully implemented transport equations and potential for liquid and solid phase, so I know the flux of lithium at any position of the electrode. So i was wondering how do I model the insertion or to couple both physic together. When i try to make another model with another geometry for the spherical particle, I can't call the flux from my cell model it says it doesn't recognize that variable

Is it the right way or should I draw the particle on the same geometry sheet as my cell or use the model coupling function ?

thank you

0 Replies Last Post Jan 13, 2014, 3:34 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Danny Chhin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.