Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh, blocks and center

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have an array of blocks with these dimensions:
length = 200 um;
width = 6 um;
height = 50 nm.
I simulate the magnetic field inside these blocks (in certain conditions) and I need to get one information: the magnetic field at the center of each block.

Given those dimensions, the best (and maybe the only possible) mesh is the swept one: I mesh the largest surface with a free tetrahedal and then I sweep it along z-axis. I would like to define a point (in Geometry) at the center of each block and then to calculate the magnetic field in those points. This method doesn't work: COMSOL doesn't allow a point to exist inside the domain with a swept mesh.

Another issue:
I need to run a parametric sweep on the number of blocks: this doesn't allow me to use probes, because the position and the number of probes is different from step to step (of the sweep).

Any idea to get the magnetic field at the center of the block? Any suggestion?

0 Replies Last Post Feb 14, 2014, 4:30 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Paolo Minotti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.