Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoelectric Power Output Visualization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

This is probably a simple question but what the heh.

Lets say I have a simple energy harvester beam model fixed at one side and supplied with a body load at the other.

This body load is simply pzd.rho * acceleration

Now eventually I would like to create a simple video of the harvesters discplacement and power output response for a sepcific frequency (600Hz) overa time period. So I can show the 3D model wobbling about (techincal term) and similarily show what I imagine is a sinusoidal type 2D plot of power output.

What particualr study type should I use, something like Time-dependent analysis, is such a thing mentioned above feasible? I beleive it is but thought I would ask first.

MF

2 Replies Last Post Mar 19, 2014, 5:58 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 19, 2014, 5:54 p.m. EDT
Hi Michael,

yes you can produce animations of the device. If the applied load is harmonic you would use a frequency domain study, if it is non-harmonic you have to use a time dependent study.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Michael, yes you can produce animations of the device. If the applied load is harmonic you would use a frequency domain study, if it is non-harmonic you have to use a time dependent study. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 19, 2014, 5:58 p.m. EDT
Well the applied load is simply acceleration which is: 0.1[m/s^2]

This was the best I could disect from a previous thread on a beam shaker to try and emulate a source of vibration at a specific frequency anywhere between 200Hz to 700Hz would have been fine.

I have now idea whetehr it is harmonic though.

Kind Regards

MF
Well the applied load is simply acceleration which is: 0.1[m/s^2] This was the best I could disect from a previous thread on a beam shaker to try and emulate a source of vibration at a specific frequency anywhere between 200Hz to 700Hz would have been fine. I have now idea whetehr it is harmonic though. Kind Regards MF

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.