Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using MATLAB code as a COMSOL physics interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to use a MATLAB script as a COMSOL physics interface.

I have a working two-phase flow CFD model (phase field method). Coupling additional physics has been very difficult since I need to work around the diffuse interface. I have a MATLAB code that does exactly what I need for mass transfer. Is it possible to incorporate this code into the model as a COMSOL physics interface? Basically, the goal is that the imported code does what Transport of Diluted or Concentrated Species usually does.

I couldn't find any help in the MATLAB-COMSOL LiveLink User Guide for this specific type of situation. I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

I greatly appreciate any input.

-Alex

1 Reply Last Post Apr 4, 2014, 11:05 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 4, 2014, 11:05 a.m. EDT

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to use a MATLAB script as a COMSOL physics interface.

I have a working two-phase flow CFD model (phase field method). Coupling additional physics has been very difficult since I need to work around the diffuse interface. I have a MATLAB code that does exactly what I need for mass transfer. Is it possible to incorporate this code into the model as a COMSOL physics interface? Basically, the goal is that the imported code does what Transport of Diluted or Concentrated Species usually does.

I couldn't find any help in the MATLAB-COMSOL LiveLink User Guide for this specific type of situation. I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

I greatly appreciate any input.

-Alex

I have the same problem. Can someone respond please?
[QUOTE] Hi all, I was wondering if it was possible to use a MATLAB script as a COMSOL physics interface. I have a working two-phase flow CFD model (phase field method). Coupling additional physics has been very difficult since I need to work around the diffuse interface. I have a MATLAB code that does exactly what I need for mass transfer. Is it possible to incorporate this code into the model as a COMSOL physics interface? Basically, the goal is that the imported code does what Transport of Diluted or Concentrated Species usually does. I couldn't find any help in the MATLAB-COMSOL LiveLink User Guide for this specific type of situation. I'm just wondering if it's even possible. I greatly appreciate any input. -Alex [/QUOTE] I have the same problem. Can someone respond please?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.