Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using materials variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Assume I wish to solve a laminar flow problem at varying temperatures. I select water from the materials library. The viscosity, density etc. are given as a function of temperature. Fine. I give the inlet boundary condition as mass flow = volume flow*density. But Comsol solver does not recognize the variable "spf.rho" as the water density, although in the post-processing stage this variable can be used. Thus, what is the syntax of calling predefined variables in the solution stage? Sure I can circumvent this issue by using other boundary conditions, say laminar inflow, for example. But generally speaking, is there a way of using material parameters for defining boundary conditions?

Thanks in advance.
Lasse

0 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2014, 3:45 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lasse Murtomäki

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.