Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meaning of right-hand terms in the drift-diffusion equations in DC Discharge interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

As shown in the picture I attached, the right-hand terms of the drift-diffusion equations for electron density and mean electron energy in actual model are different with those given in the documentation. I am quite confused about the physical meanings of right-hand terms except "Re" in model's equations, because I can't find any explanations for these terms in the documentation.

Can anyone give me some suggestions or tips?

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post May 12, 2014, 8:08 p.m. EDT
Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2014, 2:18 p.m. EDT
Pan,

The terms with u in them are convective terms which are activated when you add a Velocity node. The vector u is the bulk velocity vector as specified on the Velocity node.

The Sen term is the energy loss/production as a result of the electron collisions.

The Q terms are the various types of source terms representing additional power deposition (i.e. not due to the voltage gradient) that can be added to the electron energy equation.

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Pan, The terms with u in them are convective terms which are activated when you add a Velocity node. The vector u is the bulk velocity vector as specified on the Velocity node. The Sen term is the energy loss/production as a result of the electron collisions. The Q terms are the various types of source terms representing additional power deposition (i.e. not due to the voltage gradient) that can be added to the electron energy equation. -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2014, 8:08 p.m. EDT

Hi, Luke. Thank you very much for your help.
Hi, Luke. Thank you very much for your help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.