Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

selecting properties of a graph

David Fernandez Bosman

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I’m new in Comsol and have the following question:

Imagine you have in a point graph more than one function (for example, temperature vs. time of a point of your geometry for different room temperatures). In the properties window you can chose a solid line, a dot line, etc for your functions. Is it possible to select different types of lines for your different functions? I would like to distinguish them not only by the color, but also by the line type.

Thank you!

David.

3 Replies Last Post May 28, 2014, 7:27 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 26, 2014, 4:53 a.m. EDT
If you select the 'cycle' line style it should cycle through the different line styles for the different graphs. At least in the line graps.
If you select the 'cycle' line style it should cycle through the different line styles for the different graphs. At least in the line graps.

David Fernandez Bosman

Posted: 1 decade ago May 26, 2014, 9:00 a.m. EDT
Hi Pieter,

Yes, I understand. But imagine you have 4 graphs and you want two of them having the dashed style line and for the other two graphs you want the solid style line. I thing, that with the cyclic option you cannot do it.

What I did is that, for one 1D graph group node, you can make different line graph (or point graph) sub nodes and in each of them, choose the line style you want.

Thanks,

David
Hi Pieter, Yes, I understand. But imagine you have 4 graphs and you want two of them having the dashed style line and for the other two graphs you want the solid style line. I thing, that with the cyclic option you cannot do it. What I did is that, for one 1D graph group node, you can make different line graph (or point graph) sub nodes and in each of them, choose the line style you want. Thanks, David

Posted: 1 decade ago May 28, 2014, 7:27 a.m. EDT
Yes, I would think that is indeed the way to do it.
Yes, I would think that is indeed the way to do it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.