Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Geometry number out of range" in comsol43a

Carlos Gonzalez-Ballestero

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to combine the results of two different simulations and don't manage to do it. First I simulate a 3D structure, and I export in a .txt file the tangential electric field on a given cut plane. Afterwards, I import this file into a 2D simulation which I have solved previously. What I want to do now is to multiply the E field of the 2D solution with the imported E field, and then integrate over the whole plane.

After importing the data into a function via "Definitions -> Function -> Interpolation" and checking I can generate a plot, I have tried to integrate only this imported field to see whether I can use this function in calculations. So I select "Results-> Derived values -> Surface integration" and no matter how I try to integrate the function, it keeps giving the error "Geometry number out of range". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? And mor egenerally, does anyone know if what I want can be done with Comsol?

Thank you very much,

Best,

Carlos

1 Reply Last Post Aug 26, 2015, 9:13 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Carlos Gonzalez-Ballestero

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 26, 2015, 9:13 a.m. EDT
Dear Carlos,

and everyone who has the same problem. Support told me that there is probably a bug in version 4 (tested it in 4.4). However, in version 5.1 it works straight forward.

Best,
Tobias
Dear Carlos, and everyone who has the same problem. Support told me that there is probably a bug in version 4 (tested it in 4.4). However, in version 5.1 it works straight forward. Best, Tobias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.