Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I want to control the mesh size over the specific structure.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I'm now designing stationary electric field simulation.

In the simulation, There are two electrodes between which there is a cylindrical dielectric material.

Actually there is narrow hole all the way through the material and I'm interested in electric field distribution inside the hole. (We call this as the 'capillary' and you might get some feeling about shape.)

Problem is the hole diameter is too tiny like 300 um while outer diameter of the material itself is about cm order.

I'm pretty new in COMSOL and I would like to know a way to control the mesh size over the hole.

I thought there should be some way to select boundary of the hole and set the mesh size over it but don't know what kind of function I have to use in mesh..

Please provide me some idea about this issue!

2 Replies Last Post Jun 17, 2014, 8:52 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 16, 2014, 11:51 a.m. EDT
In the 'mesh' node set to 'user-controled mesh'. This node has a subnode 'size'. Play around with the parameters 'resolution of narrow regions' and 'maximum element growth rate' and see what it does for your geometry.
In the 'mesh' node set to 'user-controled mesh'. This node has a subnode 'size'. Play around with the parameters 'resolution of narrow regions' and 'maximum element growth rate' and see what it does for your geometry.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 17, 2014, 8:52 p.m. EDT
Oh Thanks. I didn't know those feature are applicable for control narrow region mesh.

Thanks, I'll play with this!
Oh Thanks. I didn't know those feature are applicable for control narrow region mesh. Thanks, I'll play with this!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.