Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Shape optimization on loaded knee (L-sock)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody
I'm doing shape optimization on the loaded knee. I've made the geometry similar to the image posted, instead I've just put a fixed constraint on the upper boundary and the force is working in the -y direction instead. I've made the geometry by creating two rectangles and using the difference tool. I've also added a fillet with radius=5.
I'm using the Deformed Geomtry module in order to make the shape optimization. I've attached my module, so you can see the Prescribed Mesh Displacements. I'm using the total elastic strain energy as my objective function
My problem is that shape optimization doesn't work properly, I want my result to look something like result.png (attached), but instead it looks like result2.png

I hope you can help!

0 Replies Last Post Jun 20, 2014, 5:29 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thomas Agger

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.