Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

remove negative part of sinewave

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
Does anyone know how to remove or filter the negative part of sine wave?

I want to simulate the behaviour of electric field line in electrostatic physic when the AC source is used as the input at the boundary selected. So, I define the function of sinewave in definition and it works when I run it with the study step is 'stationary' for the result of surface of 2D plot.
However, the result that I got only contain the negative value to zero , which I thought it could be from the sinewave. But, I want the result become zero to positive value.

So, I'm trying to filter the negative value of the result of surface of 2D plot by using parameter sweep and add another study step 'time dependent study'.
I tried to sweep parameter 't' which is already defined earlier by entering the parameter value range(0,1,10) but it cause an error that appears 'No eigenpair solution selected'.

What it is mean by the 'No eigenpair solution selected' ?
or is there other methods that we can use to remove the negative part of sinewave?

0 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2014, 5:05 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yasmin Abdul Wahab

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.