Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

input displacement of deformed configuration-FSI

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Fluid-structure-interaction(FSI) module has been used to simulate the movement of a spherical particle driven by Laminar fluid with time dependent.For further study, I need to construct a function, say f(x), with its origin at the particle center. That means the function varies with the movement of particle.

In order to make the function, I use the particle displacement u_solid as a variable to make a coordinator transformation, like f(x-u_soild). And then implement such function into a PDE module for the study. Of course, it can not work and comsol reminded me there is no initial value of u_soild, since it is a output. I think there should exist a input displacement for the automatic deformed-meshing calculation, and the input displacement may be hidden to the comsol user, even though the input value finally is equal to u_soild after the calculation.

Now I need the input displacement and implement it to make the function. But how can I realize it?By the way, it seems no other method to make such function in the FSI module itself. Any suggestion is appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 28, 2014, 12:38 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Li Wan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.