Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL: Dynamic Modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm interested in simulating a dynamic model, which moves rotationally and translationally. Can COMSOL execute dynamic operations like this and if so what type of software package would I need?

2 Replies Last Post Aug 22, 2014, 1:19 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago Jul 31, 2014, 5:01 p.m. EDT
Have you looked in to the Multibody Dynamics Module? If I understand your post correctly, it may be just what you're looking for. See www.comsol.com/multibody-dynamics-module
Jeff
Have you looked in to the Multibody Dynamics Module? If I understand your post correctly, it may be just what you're looking for. See http://www.comsol.com/multibody-dynamics-module Jeff

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 22, 2014, 1:19 p.m. EDT
Jeff,

One of my lab mates was concerned that the model wouldn't be able to execute a single body problem. This is an explicit explanation of the model so you can better answer my question. My model is a pulley with a chord wrapped around it. At each end of the chord it's attached to the center of a rectangular cross section. Each rectangular cross section is attached to a another chord at the ends in the opposite direction to the chord wrapping around the pulley (similar to a seesaw mechanism). The pulley needs to be able to move translationally (bulk movement of the model) , the chord around the pulley needs to move rotationally, and the seesaw mechanisms need to move rotationally. Would the package still be able to execute the model?

Thanks,

Bruce
Jeff, One of my lab mates was concerned that the model wouldn't be able to execute a single body problem. This is an explicit explanation of the model so you can better answer my question. My model is a pulley with a chord wrapped around it. At each end of the chord it's attached to the center of a rectangular cross section. Each rectangular cross section is attached to a another chord at the ends in the opposite direction to the chord wrapping around the pulley (similar to a seesaw mechanism). The pulley needs to be able to move translationally (bulk movement of the model) , the chord around the pulley needs to move rotationally, and the seesaw mechanisms need to move rotationally. Would the package still be able to execute the model? Thanks, Bruce

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.