Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

move an entire array without having to select each sub-component

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
How can I move an array without having to select each of its object by hand (see screenshot for explanation)?
In general when doing transforms is it not possible to manually enter the name of the objects in the "select object" box instead of having to select each one by hand in the geometry window? Clicking to select an object starts to become quite time consuming and messy when the model gets more complicated.

Thanks very much,
Sebastien Murphy

5 Replies Last Post Feb 12, 2017, 8:39 p.m. EST

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 14, 2014, 4:05 a.m. EDT
Hi,

You need to add a "Selection list" window: Home tab -> More windows
After you add it, you can rearrange the windows as it is shown in the screenshot.
Within the Selection list you can select the entire array.

Best Regards,
Dima.

--
Dima Apter
www.a2z-consulting.com
Hi, You need to add a "Selection list" window: Home tab -> More windows After you add it, you can rearrange the windows as it is shown in the screenshot. Within the Selection list you can select the entire array. Best Regards, Dima. -- Dima Apter www.a2z-consulting.com

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 14, 2014, 4:27 a.m. EDT
yes ok thanks this works!
yes ok thanks this works!

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 14, 2014, 5:47 a.m. EDT
Hi,
sorry I have another maybe basic question. Ho can I form a union of just the top objects once the array is done (see screenshot). Again without having to click on each of them.
Cheers,
Sebastien
Hi, sorry I have another maybe basic question. Ho can I form a union of just the top objects once the array is done (see screenshot). Again without having to click on each of them. Cheers, Sebastien

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 14, 2014, 6:43 a.m. EDT
You should go to Component -> Definitions -> Right click -> Selections -> Explicit
There you can define a group of domains (still selecting them one by one) which can be used later in materials, physics, results etc.
Also you can check additional options in Selections - you can group domains according to their position etc.

Best Regard,
Dima.

--
Dima Apter
www.a2z-consulting.com
You should go to Component -> Definitions -> Right click -> Selections -> Explicit There you can define a group of domains (still selecting them one by one) which can be used later in materials, physics, results etc. Also you can check additional options in Selections - you can group domains according to their position etc. Best Regard, Dima. -- Dima Apter www.a2z-consulting.com

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 12, 2017, 8:39 p.m. EST
Thank you very much. This helped me a lot.
Thank you very much. This helped me a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.