Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Eigenfrequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a model where I am interested in how the Eigenfrequencies behave depending on certain dimensions of the model. I already have calculated the Eigenfrequencies in several studies with parametric sweeps. Now I want to export the frequencies in a way, that I have a txt document with the values of the parametric sweep and its corresponding eigenfrequencies. So that I can import this data to Matlab and make a nice plot for the eigenfrequency over the values of the parametric sweep.

But I cant find a way to export the eigenfrequencies.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

3 Replies Last Post May 30, 2015, 11:54 a.m. EDT
Eyal Spier COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 1, 2014, 1:48 a.m. EDT
Hi Lukas,
I'd be glad to show you how to do this. Feel free to attach your model (ideally suitably simplified) so I can add the necessary steps into it!
All the best,
Eyal
Hi Lukas, I'd be glad to show you how to do this. Feel free to attach your model (ideally suitably simplified) so I can add the necessary steps into it! All the best, Eyal

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 1, 2014, 6:48 a.m. EDT
Hi Eyal

Thank you for your quick answer!

Here you have the model with a simplified study. In study 1, there is a parametric sweep for parameter "f2" which is the relation of the thickness to the length of the membrane. It's just for 4 different values and shouldn't take too long to compute the Eigenfrequencies.

Best regards
Lukas

Hi Eyal Thank you for your quick answer! Here you have the model with a simplified study. In study 1, there is a parametric sweep for parameter "f2" which is the relation of the thickness to the length of the membrane. It's just for 4 different values and shouldn't take too long to compute the Eigenfrequencies. Best regards Lukas

Posted: 9 years ago May 30, 2015, 11:54 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you explain how to do it please?

Thanks,
Luis
Hi, I have the same problem. Could you explain how to do it please? Thanks, Luis

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.