Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AEC Multiphysics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am new to this forum & Comsol software and I am impressed with its capabilities from what I can read.
But I can not find any information pertaining to its use in AEC multiphysics simulations
I have used A**** at Uni and specific FEA software but not Comsol as it wasnt available. I would like to know from Comsol/MultiphysicUsers if they would think it a viable option if I was to use it on smaller building projects rather than Commercial/Highrise
Ive attached a sample file for comments
Thanks in anticipation
Chris

1 Reply Last Post Oct 20, 2014, 5:39 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 20, 2014, 5:39 p.m. EDT
Hi Chris,
COMSOL has been used in the field of building physics in a number of ways. To name just a few that come to my mind right now:
- structural analysis (which I guess is your main interest)
- geomechanics
- fluid flow and mass transport
- heat and moisture analysis
- acoustics
A few papers may have been presented at COMSOL's own user's conferences and should be linked here : www.comsol.com/papers-presentations
But you should be able to find many more papers on those kinds of topics using, e.g., google scholar.
Hope this helps,
Jeff
Hi Chris, COMSOL has been used in the field of building physics in a number of ways. To name just a few that come to my mind right now: - structural analysis (which I guess is your main interest) - geomechanics - fluid flow and mass transport - heat and moisture analysis - acoustics A few papers may have been presented at COMSOL's own user's conferences and should be linked here : http://www.comsol.com/papers-presentations But you should be able to find many more papers on those kinds of topics using, e.g., google scholar. Hope this helps, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.