Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of combustion chamber

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to modelise a simple combustion chamber for a school project.
My objective is to study heat transfer in the walls and also effect of additional isolation.
COMSOL is new to me and i would like to know if its achievable to take into consideration the effect of reaction parameters instead of considering it as a simple heat transfert problem.
For example: is possible to study Effect of changing the Fuel Flow, or AIR flow entering the chamber on heat transfer

Thank you very much for your time !!
Amel

2 Replies Last Post Nov 23, 2014, 10:07 p.m. EST

Posted: 10 years ago Nov 6, 2014, 6:34 a.m. EST
Hi,

Check this Comsol model: www.comsol.com/model/syngas-combustion-in-a-round-jet-burner-14881

Model contains gas flow, reactions and and heat production but heat transfer to walls (convective and radiation) is missing from this model.

Best regards

Tero Hietanen
Hi, Check this Comsol model: http://www.comsol.com/model/syngas-combustion-in-a-round-jet-burner-14881 Model contains gas flow, reactions and and heat production but heat transfer to walls (convective and radiation) is missing from this model. Best regards Tero Hietanen

Posted: 10 years ago Nov 23, 2014, 10:07 p.m. EST
Thank you !!
Thank you !!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.