Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ill-conditioned preconditioner. Increase factor in error estimate.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm currently using a laminar flow module for the Re 1-10 regime. I plan on using the same upto Re=100 for a microfluidic device and was wondering if this is the reason for the following error.

Warning: There were 2 warning messages from the linear solver.
Warning: Ill-conditioned preconditioner. Increase factor in error estimate.

Will switching to stokes flow be a better/quicker option?

Also does the error compromise the solution accuracy. Kindly find the convergence plots attached with this.

I've searched the literature but can't seem to figure out how to get rid of this warning

Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post Aug 25, 2017, 6:19 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arjun Dubhashi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Aug 25, 2017, 6:19 a.m. EDT
Hi,
I'm writing cause I have the same problem with my simulation. Did you find any solution?
I'm using the Heat Trasfer in Solids and I'm using an Heat Flux boundary and I think that this is the reason of the error.Could it be due to the value of the parameter introduced in the model? Hope someone can give hints.

Thank you,
Anna Lisa
Hi, I'm writing cause I have the same problem with my simulation. Did you find any solution? I'm using the Heat Trasfer in Solids and I'm using an Heat Flux boundary and I think that this is the reason of the error.Could it be due to the value of the parameter introduced in the model? Hope someone can give hints. Thank you, Anna Lisa

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.