Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Anisotropic diffusion coefficients in Maxwell-Stefan equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear experts,

Using Maxwell-Stefan equation for diffusion, I want to set anisotrpic values for the diffusion coefficients. This can be easily done if I use Fick's equation but it does not look straighforward if one uses Maxwell-Stefan. Any suggestions and ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Dec 1, 2014, 2:33 p.m. EST

Posted: 10 years ago Nov 30, 2014, 2:24 a.m. EST
hi mohamed, can you help me ! i have a system of differantial equation PDEs ? comsol can solve this system ?
hi mohamed, can you help me ! i have a system of differantial equation PDEs ? comsol can solve this system ?

Posted: 10 years ago Dec 1, 2014, 2:33 p.m. EST

Hi Rabeb,

Yes, COMSOL can easily solve these equations. The module to use is Mathematics/PDE Interfaces and then choose one of the forms: coefficient/general/waek.

Hope this helps,
Mohammed
[QUOTE] hi mohamed, can you help me ! i have a system of differantial equation PDEs ? comsol can solve this system ? [/QUOTE] Hi Rabeb, Yes, COMSOL can easily solve these equations. The module to use is Mathematics/PDE Interfaces and then choose one of the forms: coefficient/general/waek. Hope this helps, Mohammed

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.