Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

effective tensor of a polycrystal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
i have a problem that i wanted to share with you
if we consider a polycrystal made of cylindrical fibers following a von mises-fisher distribution equation (17) in bit.do/vmisesfisher (called orientation distribution function of fibers) . i must change the probability density in equation (28) bit.do/e28 with the von mises-fisher than i must follow the steps listed in the article bit.do/effectivetensor1 , bit.do/effectivetensor2 , bit.do/effectivetensor3 so that by using orientation averaging, i find the effective (elasticity) tensor of the polycrystal
it s an optimization problem
arg min of the integral over rotation group of the von mises-fisher distribution multiplied by the distance between the effective tensor of the polycrystal (what we are looking for) and the one of a single cylindrical fiber (given).

if any one could give ideas about how can i start solving this optimization problem to find the effective tensor of the polycrystal
thank you

0 Replies Last Post Dec 4, 2014, 4:35 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Khaled Alyani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.