Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mixed boundary condition implemetation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

can anyone tell me how to perform the implementation of mixed boundary condition for solving richards equation under the influence of infiltration caused by rainfall.
there are several papers online discussing the same issue but how to it in COMSOL4.2 is my problem.

I am new to COMSOL. i just started. its my first problem. please help.

your kind attention is highly appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 26, 2015, 9:17 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 26, 2015, 9:17 a.m. EST
For imposing mixed boundary condition, define two boundary in comsol: 1)Inlet (which should be your rainfall) 2) pervious layer (Dirichlet b.c). and in order to switch between Dirichlet and Neumann you should also define two step function.

Look to this paper for more info: web.stanford.edu/dept/cee/faculty/freyberg/ChuiFreyberg.pdf

Good luck
Sepideh
For imposing mixed boundary condition, define two boundary in comsol: 1)Inlet (which should be your rainfall) 2) pervious layer (Dirichlet b.c). and in order to switch between Dirichlet and Neumann you should also define two step function. Look to this paper for more info: http://web.stanford.edu/dept/cee/faculty/freyberg/ChuiFreyberg.pdf Good luck Sepideh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.