Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Having trouble about importing 3D geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I am trying to import a 3D geometry file named XX.SLDPRT(a Solidworks file) or XX.ipt(Inventor file), it turns out to show: D:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL50\Multiphysics\lib\win64\csjcad.dll: Can't find dependent libraries. (attached file)
How should I do? There is no problem when I'm importing mphbin file.

4 Replies Last Post May 13, 2016, 10:35 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 雷 李

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago Jun 4, 2015, 2:09 p.m. EDT
I would like to second this error. I am seeing the same thing, and none of my licenses will work unless I go into the Geometry section and select COMSOL Kernel, instead of the CAD import Kernel. Does this problem have a solution yet?

Thanks,
-Matt
I would like to second this error. I am seeing the same thing, and none of my licenses will work unless I go into the Geometry section and select COMSOL Kernel, instead of the CAD import Kernel. Does this problem have a solution yet? Thanks, -Matt

Posted: 9 years ago Jun 17, 2015, 8:15 a.m. EDT
I am also this difficulty when I try to import 3D model of the inventor. What is the solution ?
Thank you!
Anderson
I am also this difficulty when I try to import 3D model of the inventor. What is the solution ? Thank you! Anderson

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 14, 2016, 5:47 a.m. EST
I'm also experiencing this error message. I intend to try converting the .iam file I was trying to import to an stp file, and then importing that.
I'm also experiencing this error message. I intend to try converting the .iam file I was trying to import to an stp file, and then importing that.

Posted: 8 years ago May 13, 2016, 10:35 p.m. EDT
我也碰到了这个问题,我是这样解决的:在文件-首选项-几何中我把几何表示的选项全部改成了comsol内核,之后就好了。但是我在之前的电脑上使用时,都是使用的CAD内核,同样没问题,感觉好奇怪。祝各位好运!
我也碰到了这个问题,我是这样解决的:在文件-首选项-几何中我把几何表示的选项全部改成了comsol内核,之后就好了。但是我在之前的电脑上使用时,都是使用的CAD内核,同样没问题,感觉好奇怪。祝各位好运!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.