Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance Spectroscopy in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i try to make an Impedance Spectroscopy from a 3D model. As an Output i want a 1D Plot with |Z| over a frequency range. My Problem is to include the double layer capacitance.
I think there are several methods to do so.
I tried the following Physics:
- Electric Current with Distributed Impedance
- Secondary Current Distribution with Porous Electrode (incl. Double Layer Capacitance)

The Problem is, that with These Physics i have to create very thin cylinders in the geometry for the electrode, that the meshing is difficult, or in other words, with these thin cylinders i get somehow unrealistic results..

I think the right way is to use the Secondary Current Distribution Physics but i could not figure out how to implement the double layer capacitance without the thin cylinders

best regards

0 Replies Last Post Mar 25, 2015, 6:09 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christian Willdoner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.