Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

Somebody know how is possible to do a impedance model? with resistor and capacitors (capacitor variable with the frecuency)

i will really apreciate your help

regards

5 Replies Last Post Jun 30, 2010, 1:27 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2010, 7:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

have you check the Spice interface in ACDC doc ?

Ivar
Hi have you check the Spice interface in ACDC doc ? Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2010, 11:20 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for your answer, I didn't know about this part. What are the funcionality of this option? what can i do?

Thanks for your help
Hi Ivar, Thanks for your answer, I didn't know about this part. What are the funcionality of this option? what can i do? Thanks for your help

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 28, 2010, 12:02 p.m. EDT
Hi

I have little experience with it, but you can define an interface to some electronics you simulate via spice (in V4 I believe you can do most fully within in COMSOL) and then get the results out, including in my opinion impedance, you must just get, as usual, the equations right,

Ivar
Hi I have little experience with it, but you can define an interface to some electronics you simulate via spice (in V4 I believe you can do most fully within in COMSOL) and then get the results out, including in my opinion impedance, you must just get, as usual, the equations right, Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 29, 2010, 9:07 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

I'm triying with the Spice. I need to do something with "Impedance Spectroscopy". I don't know if you know something about this but in simple words is: The respound of a material or materials for different frecuencies.

The idea with this is obtain the comportment of the component of the material (In this case capacitances and resistances that are are in the material).

I don't know if will be possible do something like this.

The other think. You mean that is posible visualisate the impedance in the comsol if we mix the Spice circuit with the model?

regards
Hi Ivar, I'm triying with the Spice. I need to do something with "Impedance Spectroscopy". I don't know if you know something about this but in simple words is: The respound of a material or materials for different frecuencies. The idea with this is obtain the comportment of the component of the material (In this case capacitances and resistances that are are in the material). I don't know if will be possible do something like this. The other think. You mean that is posible visualisate the impedance in the comsol if we mix the Spice circuit with the model? regards

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2010, 1:27 a.m. EDT
Hi

what I believe I understand from your remarks is that yes you can do ACDC or RF simulations (depends on size and frequencies of your electrodes and device under investigation) with COMSOL of the electrodes, their shapes and distribution in space around your sample, and then, if you want to go further you can hook up your electronics as Spice models and get directly the expected output voltage signal levels. Thereafter with a sensitivity analysis you shouldbe able to assess the overall sensitiity of your system, perhaps also tune the frequency(ies).

This is easy to say, much more intersting and slightly challenging to perform, but I would say a typical multiphyics study that only COMSOL can do today (with only one software).

Good luck
Ivar
Hi what I believe I understand from your remarks is that yes you can do ACDC or RF simulations (depends on size and frequencies of your electrodes and device under investigation) with COMSOL of the electrodes, their shapes and distribution in space around your sample, and then, if you want to go further you can hook up your electronics as Spice models and get directly the expected output voltage signal levels. Thereafter with a sensitivity analysis you shouldbe able to assess the overall sensitiity of your system, perhaps also tune the frequency(ies). This is easy to say, much more intersting and slightly challenging to perform, but I would say a typical multiphyics study that only COMSOL can do today (with only one software). Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.