Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

linear buckling of plate (on elastic foundation )

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Sir
I want to solve buckling analysis of plate resting on elastic foundation in comsol with different boundary conditions and different value of winkler and pasternak foundatio(normal and tangent stiffness) .
The plate is simply supported .(The pasternak foundation includes shear stiffness and winkler foundation includes normal stiffness.)
Suppose there is plate of 1x1x0.001 m and E=200 gpa and nu=0.3 and resting on foundation winkler stiffness 100 N/m^3(per unit area per unit deflection) and pasternak stiffness 100 N/m^3.
I want to find the critical buckling load of this plate linear buckling
I have made model of plate using block and used solidmechanics -linear buckling physics,but it shows error.
Please help me.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 6, 2015, 2:31 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lokendra Singh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.