Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF Module: Simulation of an Axisymmetric structure without axisymmetric excitation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am facing an issue with a 2D axisymmmetric model, in the RF module. I my 2D geometry (simple rectangule for the moment) I set the top boundary to be a Port, where I want a certain excitation with a TM polarization in the absolute x,y,z . So I set the port as a "User Defined" one and fill it with the E components relative to the polarization I want at the Port.
From the results I get, it seems that those input components of the E fiels (expressed in cylindrical components) are relative to each geometrical section, so basically I will get a polarization for each geometrical section correspondent to a different rotational angle phi (circular polarization) which is not what I want.

Given that, I tried to define the Er components as a function phi, (Er=E0*cos(phi)), where phi is the azimuthal angle but it does not recognise the variable phi expressed as emw.rev1phi.

So my question is: In a 2D axisymmetric model, is there a way to set the port to a linear TM polarization for the whole structure, instead of ending up with a circular TM polarization?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2015, 9:36 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ario Cocin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.