Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Analisys , Flux Linkage and back -EMF

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good Afternoon /Evening/Morning depending where you are.

I am trying to model a Tubular Flux Switching Machine in order to be able to achieve the best dimensions to buld the prototype.

The machine target of further development is the 10 pole-12 slot combination being the slot pitch T_S=10T_P/12. The electrical angle between the coils in adjacent stator slots, i.e. the phase shift between two adjacent phases has to take in account the existence of the phase introduced by the magnet between each other.

The winding configuration: coils from the same phase are set in a single slot and connected in series.

It's a three phase machine where each phase is in a diferent stator slot. The stator consits of a C-iron core (in a axialy simetry point of view) with the coil between the stator teeth, and a magnet sandwiched between each stator slot.

The translator is a iron piece with a "shaft" and teeth.

The model is analyzed in a two dimensions system (r,Z - Axial Symmetry (2D).) due to its uniformity around the axis (r=0). The analysis is done using the application Mode - ‘Quasi, Static Magnetics – Azimuthal Induction Currents , Magnetic Potential , within the AC/DC Model , also it is further added the Deformed Mesh in order to do a trasiente analisys.

When I set a predescribed movement for the translator , eventhough the movement occurs the magnetic fluxes don't change according to the movement of the translator , the flux lines stay static as in the first analisys.

I would like to know if any body as an ideia why this occurs.
And once the movement is set how to plot the flux linkage change and back-emf in the coils.
The machine as to work as a generator and as a motor. So with an input current and without current.

The very best regards!!!

0 Replies Last Post Sep 7, 2009, 8:52 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello João Sousa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.