Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable not coupled to DOF

Vivien Van Kerckhoven

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a strange alert when trying to start a study computation.
The message say "The following variable are not coupled to any degree of freedom : comp1.E"

It correspond to the electric field, the independant variable of the used physic (electromagnetic waves).

I'have done lots of similar computations without any problems. Changing a little bit the geometry and the mesh has created this alert.

Someone has a idea for where it might come ?

Thansk a lot

3 Replies Last Post Dec 20, 2016, 3:44 a.m. EST
Vivien Van Kerckhoven

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 22, 2015, 9:03 a.m. EDT
The problem appears after modifying only the mesh ...

My geometry is meshed with two different meshes, on concerning some precise domains, and the second one for the remaining geometry.

The, proceeding to a study is impossible.

Any idea ?
The problem appears after modifying only the mesh ... My geometry is meshed with two different meshes, on concerning some precise domains, and the second one for the remaining geometry. The, proceeding to a study is impossible. Any idea ?

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 19, 2016, 1:45 p.m. EST
Hi Vivien, have you figured out the problem with the error? I recently come across the same issue but don't know how to solve it. It definitely has to do with the mesh size in very small features. I am trying to figure this out. Wondering if you already solved this problem. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Hi Vivien, have you figured out the problem with the error? I recently come across the same issue but don't know how to solve it. It definitely has to do with the mesh size in very small features. I am trying to figure this out. Wondering if you already solved this problem. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Vivien Van Kerckhoven

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 20, 2016, 3:44 a.m. EST
Hi

Unfortunately i dont remember what i did ... it was quite two years ago, I even no longer remember having this problem.
Hi Unfortunately i dont remember what i did ... it was quite two years ago, I even no longer remember having this problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.