Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Tracking x,y,z coordinates during prescribed rotation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently working on a very simple model but am having some trouble with my post processing.

I am using an imported mesh (surface and volume) of a total knee replacement and am using a rigid body prescribed rotation on the part. I am rotating the knee around the x-axis to simulate flexion. The way that I have the part aligned the lowest point of "contact' would be in the z-axis. And so I would like to track the lowest point of contact on that surface (lowest z-coordinate) throughout the flexion.

My rotation is a time dependent study and so each second of the study correlates to one degree of rotation.

Do you know how I could track the x,y,z coordinate of that lowest z-coordinate for each degree of flexion?

Thanks for help in advance.

0 Replies Last Post May 12, 2015, 1:55 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicholas Rhodes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.