Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quick build of all meshes in Parameter Sweep?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

COMSOL'ers:

Is there a way to quickly build all the meshes over a parameter sweep, without running through the computational steps in the study?

At a certain parametrized geometry, I am getting a failure. I know how to refine the mesh to fix it, but I do not know if these changes will then affect all the other parametrized models. Also, being able to test the mesh for all parameters will allow me to quickly optimize for minimal mesh size (pending solution convergence).

Thanks!

-Ado

3 Replies Last Post May 14, 2015, 5:25 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago May 14, 2015, 1:57 p.m. EDT
Hello Bryan,
Sure, you can just disable any and all physics branches in your model. See attached toy example.
Jeff
Hello Bryan, Sure, you can just disable any and all physics branches in your model. See attached toy example. Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago May 14, 2015, 5:12 p.m. EDT
Thank you, Jeff--nice that there is an easy solution.

I could not load your example--I am at 5.0, and it seems your file is 5.1 (states it was created with a later version). Nevertheless, with your advice, I was able to successfully run a sweep and survey each mesh, so I would consider that a success!

-Ado
Thank you, Jeff--nice that there is an easy solution. I could not load your example--I am at 5.0, and it seems your file is 5.1 (states it was created with a later version). Nevertheless, with your advice, I was able to successfully run a sweep and survey each mesh, so I would consider that a success! -Ado

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago May 14, 2015, 5:25 p.m. EDT
Yes, it works the same in 5.0 and 5.1.
With that said, if it's up to you, upgrade to 5.1; it's got lots of new goodies (see www.comsol.com/release/5.1).
Jeff
Yes, it works the same in 5.0 and 5.1. With that said, if it's up to you, upgrade to 5.1; it's got lots of new goodies (see http://www.comsol.com/release/5.1). Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.