Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Numbering of the boundaries in MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
My problem isn't (I don't think) specific to electrochemistry but I will explain it in case it helps:
I am dong different simulations in electrochemistry which involve me moving a probe over a surface that contains insulating or generating islands, in order to image these islands.
I have found that the numbering of the different faces (in 3D) and edges( in 2D) changes depending on the position of the probe relative to the island. This is a problem as I am running the simulations with MATLAB, changing the coordinates at every step to image the entire surface.
Is there anyway of "locking" the numbers of boundaries to avoid having to change the conditions for all the different cases? Changing the boundary conditions with the automatic boundary numbering change was relatively easily done in two dimensions but seems complicated and a long process in 3D.
Has anybody had this problem? How did you deal with it?
Thanks for your help.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 18, 2009, 10:06 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 18, 2009, 10:06 a.m. EDT
Hi,
I think you can use the "geomanalyze" function which allows to decompose the "new" geometry" and to update boundary conditions. You can look an example into the comsol guide under comsol\command.

I hope this can be helpful!

Let me know any news

Good luck

Pasquale
Hi, I think you can use the "geomanalyze" function which allows to decompose the "new" geometry" and to update boundary conditions. You can look an example into the comsol guide under comsol\command. I hope this can be helpful! Let me know any news Good luck Pasquale

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.