Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Weak Contribution For Boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the deforming square droplet case posed on the exchange (www.comsol.com/community/exchange/121/), the weak contribution is:

-nu_surf*(test(uTr) + test(u)/r + test(wTz))

I recognize that this is a result of the young laplace equation. I worked through part of the derivation (attached if you care to see). However, I am a little uncertain as to how the variables uTr and wTz appear. I recognize that Tr and Tz represent the tangential derivatives of the variables u and w respectively. But what are u and w? In the laminar flow module, it says that they are the velocity field components. But how do they mathematically appear?

Thanks in advance for any help. It will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Brandon Jackson

0 Replies Last Post May 22, 2015, 4:15 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brandon Jackson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.